2013 was a very good year for our clients: average ROI of $9.36
Search engine optimization marketing is a key component in our clients’ overall marketing efforts – and, in 2013, our clients averaged an overall return on investment of $9.36 for every dollar that went to search engine optimization.
More specifically, our clients saw these results, on average:
- Organic search traffic up by 28%, outpacing total site traffic growth of 18%
- Organic search sales up by 39%, outpacing total site traffic growth of 14%
- Organic search conversion rates up by 16%, outpacing total site conversion rate growth of 5%
Mini-case study #1: luxury goods retailer enjoyed outstanding holiday season
During the summer and fall of 2013, a luxury goods retailer partnered with The Search Guru to consult on a site redesign. Their goal was to be fully prepared for the 2013 holiday season – and results were impressive:
- Holiday season non-paid search engine sales up 51%
- Holiday season non-paid search engine traffic up 39%
- Cyber Monday non-paid organic search sales up 60%
- Cyber Monday non-paid organic search traffic up 31%
Mini-case study #2: higher education organization sees success after technical site improvements
The Search Guru consulted with a higher education organization with campuses in 15 states. After just five months of work, Q4 results came in significantly higher than previous year levels. Highlights include:
- Total search engine conversions up 39% year over year
- Q4 search engine visits up 21% year over year
- Non-branded search engine visits up 48% year over year
Mini-case study #3: Fortune 500 company sees social shares and signals climb
When we conducted a social media audit of our client’s accounts after Q4 of 2013, we found that this Fortune 500 client:
- gained more fans than either of their top two competitors
- had more people “talking about this” than either of their top two competitors
- had their top post receive 8 times as many likes as a top competitor’s top post and 22 times as many likes as a top competitor’s top post
Editorial content written and promoted by The Search Guru received, on average, 29% more social shares than content produced in-house.
Are you ready to see great results for your site? Contact The Search Guru today for a free 30-minute gift session.